UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Volleyball Twitter: @UDallasVball
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Volleyball Instagram: udvball
The University of Dallas volleyball team heads to the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) Tournament hosted at Texas Lutheran University in Seguin, Texas, starting on Friday, November 8. The Crusaders grabbed the number four seed after finishing in a three-way tie for fourth for consecutive seasons. They will battle one of those teams that finished 9-9 in conference play with them, Austin College, who are the number five seed. First serve is scheduled around 3:30 p.m., but is the second scheduled match of the SCAC Quarterfinal that day.
Since joining the SCAC in 2011, Dallas has made the conference postseason eight times. Last season UD won in the SCAC Quarterfinal a second time in the school's history of playing, as it edged Centenary College in a five-set thriller. Box Score
Dallas would go on and fall to top-25 ranked opponents, Colorado College and Trinity University to settle for the fourth place finish in the tournament. Dallas also topped Texas Lutheran in an SCAC Quarterfinal in 2014. The Crusaders have met Austin College three times in an SCAC Tournament, which includes two in the opening round. Dallas is 0-3 in the meetings, but the meetings were in 2012, 2015, and 2016.
The Crusaders opened and closed the SCAC portion of their schedule against Austin College with games at each team's home venues.
UD won the regular season meetings to help win the tiebreaker with the 'Roos and Texas Lutheran. In September, the Crusaders rallied down 2-0 to win a five-set thriller for the home crowd. Box Score
In the rematch around two weeks ago, the Crusaders answered an opening set loss with three straight set wins. Two of the sets saw UD win 27-25 and 29-27, and none of the sets were decided by more than four points. Box Score
- Dallas is on a three-game winning streak, which ties a season-long.
- Dayjah Whyte (Round Rock, Texas) is the top player offensively with 366 kills (2.79/set). Abigail Porras (El Paso, Texas) is right behind at 362 kills (2.78/set).The duo earned All-SCAC Second Team.
- Anna Stevenson (Dallas, Texas) sits fifth in kills (190), but has 91 in the last seven matches. This includes five double-digit performances.
- Stevenson and Whyte have each eclipsed 80 total blocks, combing for 164.
- Larissa Ramirez (San Antonio, Texas) is a freshman setter that has 1,092 assists (8.15/set).
- UD has totaled 2,528 digs compared to 2,410 by opponents. Eight different players have surpassed 100 digs.
- The Crusaders are 7-2 in five-set decisions.
SEEDINGS AND SEASON STATISTICS