UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Women's Soccer Twitter: @UDallasWSoccer
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Women's Soccer Facebook: University of Dallas Women's Soccer
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Women's Soccer Instagram: udallaswsoccer
The University of Dallas women's soccer team heads to the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) Tournament as the number four seed and will take on the number five seed Texas Lutheran University on Friday, November 8. This match will be the first game of the SCAC Quarterfinal and is set to kickoff at 11 a.m. in Georgetown, Texas, at Southwestern University.
Dallas returns to the tournament for the second season in a row after missing in 2016 and 2017. The Crusaders are 3-4-2 in SCAC Tournament matches. The past two conference quarterfinals that UD has played in have required a shootout to determine advance.
In 2018 under now third-year head coach Lexi Stinson, the Crusaders won 4-2 in the shootout with scores coming from May Lien Le (Katy, Texas), Maddie Rodriguez (San Antonio, Texas), and Elisa Duran (Pomona, Calif.) that are back on the current roster. The victory was an upset for the sixth-seeded Crusaders.
Dallas has advanced past two SCAC Quarterfinals in the last three appearances and has been to one SCAC Championship Match (2012).
The Crusaders claimed a 2-0 victory this season at Seguin, Texas. The victory sparked a 6-1 month of October that included five shutouts. Rodriguez and Monica O'Donnell (Lincoln, Neb.) scored goals within the first 20 minutes to secure the win. Olivia Severson faced just one shot despite TLU holding a 14-10 shots advantage. Box Score
These teams met in 2018 and required a penalty kick shootout to determine who advanced. The Crusaders led by a goal during regulation but would need to win on PKs to get to the next round for the first time since 2014. Box Score
The other matchup UD had with the Bulldogs in the SCAC Tournament was in the 2014 Semifinal, where the Bulldogs advanced on a 1-0 result.
UD MATCH NOTES
- Lexi Stinson is in her third season at the helm of the University of Dallas program. After combining for seven wins her first two years, Stinson has led her program to nine victories, the most since 2014.
- Alyssa Mencacci (League City, Texas) leads the team with 16 points and seven goals.
- Seven freshmen have accumulated at least one point.
- Gigi Garcia Orozco (San Antonio, Texas) remains atop the team in assists with four.
- Olivia Severson (La Crosse, Wis.) has worked as the lone UD goalkeeper most of the season, playing 1368:11 minutes and making 16 appearances and 12 starts. Her 1.12 goals-against average ranks third in the league and .770 save percentage checks in fifth.
- 10 players on the current roster appeared in the 2018 SCAC Quarterfinal: Severson, Rodriguez, Duran, Andrea Soto (Fort Worth, Texas), Hailey Hurlburt (Lumbertson, Texas), Anisa Meza (Helotes, Texas), Michelle MacIntyre (Houston, Texas), Bekah Gonzalez (Reno, Nev.), O'Donnell, and Lien Le.
SEEDINGS AND STATISTICS