UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Women's Soccer Twitter: @UDallasWSoccer
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Women's Soccer Facebook: University of Dallas Women's Soccer
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Women's Soccer Instagram: udallaswsoccer
The University of Dallas women's soccer team hosts Schreiner University on Friday at 5 p.m. It will be the first home matchup with another Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) opponent, but this is the second designated non-conference game in a week. UD won at Austin College last Friday by a goal. The Crusaders then go to Concordia University on Sunday to begin a five-match road swing.
- Dallas is 1-2-1 on the year after a tie versus McMurry University.
- Alyssa Mencacci (League City, Texas) has recorded the last two goals in as many matches.
- Olivia Severson (La Crosse, Wis.) earned the win in goal for UD last Friday, while Natalie Kutac (Bulverde, Texas) got credited with a tie after the last 65 minutes of play. The keepers have split the four starts in half and both have three appearances.
- UD All-time Records: (Schreiner, 21-5-2) | (Concordia, 8-3-1)
- The Crusaders went 1-0-1 versus the Mountaineers in 2018, including a 1-0 win at home thanks to Monica O'Donnell (Lincoln, Neb.) scoring the game-winning goal. Dallas last faced Concordia in 2017 and dropped a 4-3 decision in Irving.
- Schreiner enters 3-2-2 overall and are coming off a tie to Sul Ross State University.
- The Mountaineers have gone 2-0-2 after losing the first pair of matches.
- Dani Loeblein has scored six of the team's eight goals and earned SCAC Offensive Player of the Week.
- Maddie Saucedo has played 388:18 minutes and made 47 saves for a 90.4 save percentage. Natalia Fuentes has played 248 minutes and has posted a 91.3 save percentage.
- Concordia University is 0-4 and remains seeking its first victory of the 2019 year.
- The Tornadoes dropped a 1-0 score at Houston-Victoria last Sunday. CU is 0-3 at home.
- The Tornadoes also played fellow SCAC foe Schreiner University to a 2-1 result.
- Emily Newton has recorded two goals for the team. Sofie Gomez has logged all 371:15 minutes and made 23 saves against 54 shots faced.
BY THE NUMBERS
Dallas plays on the road at University of St. Thomas and Centenary College on Sept. 27 and 29 for the last designated non-conference matches that are prior to beginning league play the majority of the rest of the way.