UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Soccer Twitter: @UDSoccerCoach
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Soccer Instagram: udallassoccermen
The University of Dallas men's soccer team clinched the No. 6 seed in this year's Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) Tournament for the sixth-straight season which will be held November 8-10 at Trinity University. The Crusaders will draw No. 3 seeded Trinity University in the first round on Friday at 1:30 p.m. Dallas clinched its postseason berth with a 3-1 victory at Schreiner University on Sunday in the regular season finale, snapping a four-game losing streak.
This matchup will mark the third meeting between these two clubs this season. On September 22nd Trinity beat Dallas 6-0 in Irving in a non-conference matchup. Last Friday, Trinity came out on top 5-1 in San Antonio, which counted as a conference game. With 10 teams now in the SCAC, soccer teams only play one conference match countable to the conference standings, which did not begin until October.
Last Season Dallas received the No. 5 seed and fell to Texas Lutheran University in the first round. Dallas faced Trinity University in the two team's only meeting in the postseason, which was in the conference tournament title game in 2017. Dallas fell by a score of 4-0 in that match which was held in Irving. UD is 1-5-2 all-time in SCAC tournament play.
- Hunter Haugland (Bixby, Okla.) leads the team and is tied fifth among all SCAC players with eight goals on the season.
- Jose Martinez (Tegucigalpa, Honduras) scored the lone goal for Dallas against Trinity this season in San Antonio.
- Sean Carlin (Puyallup, Wash.) has logged 335:31 minutes in goal for Dallas starting the final four games of the regular season. Carlin has secured 22 saves in 2019.
- Chase Reynolds (Southlake, Texas) leads Dallas with four assists.
- Dallas is 2-3-1 this season in true road games.
- Nat Kajiwara (Southlake, Texas) and Reynolds have both attempted three shots against Trinity this season.
- Andrea Codispoti leads the Tigers with 51 shots, which ranks second among all SCAC players.
- Blake Lieberman has notched a 1.26 goals-against average playing in 16 games and making 15 starts.
- Trinity has outscored Dallas 11-1 on the season, including eight second half goals.
- Josh Davis and Connor Jones have both scored twice versus the Crusaders this season.
- The TU defense has limited Dallas to just three shots on goal in two matchups.
- The Tigers are 6-2-2 at home this year.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
No. 1 Seed Colorado Season Stats (13-5-0, 8-1-0 SCAC)
No. 2 Seed Texas Lutheran University Season Stats (13-5-0, 7-2-0 SCAC)
No. 3 Seed Trinity University Season Stats (10-5-2, 6-3-0 SCAC)
No. 4 Seed Southwestern University Season Stats (10-6-2, 4-4-1 SCAC)
No. 5 Seed Austin College Season Stats (6-10-1, 3-5-0 SCAC)
No. 6 Seed University of Dallas Season Stats (5-10-1, 3-5-1 SCAC)
The winner of this first round matchup will move on to face No. 2 seeded Texas Lutheran University on Saturday (11/9). Kickoff for that game is scheduled for 1:30 p.m.