UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Women's Soccer Twitter: @UDallasWSoccer
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Women's Soccer Facebook: University of Dallas Women's Soccer
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Women's Soccer Instagram: udallaswsoccer
The University of Dallas women's soccer team takes its first road trip of the season to nearby Sherman, Texas, for a non-conference match with Austin College. This year, the soccer teams only play one conference match countable to the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) standings, which will not begin until October. Dallas quickly is back at the friendly confines on Sunday for its third out of fourth match their with McMurry University.
- Dallas is seeking its first win of 2019.
- Izzy Barajas (Bryan, Texas) registered UD's first goal of the year last Friday. She has taken four shots in each contest.
- Gigi Garcia Orozco (San Antonio, Texas) is another freshman involved on the offense with six shots and three placed on goal.
- Natalie Kutac (Bulverde, Texas) has played 135 minutes and made 10 saves in the two starts.
- Dallas Overall records: Austin (13-19-4) … Won 2-1 in 2018 at home … Maddie Rodriguez (Houston, Texas) and Anisa Meza (Helotes, Texas) (GW) scored … 1-1-1 last three meetings at Austin. | McMurry (2-1) … Dropped last meeting in 2017 with a 2-1 score.
- The 'Roos are 2-1-1 this season after a 2-0 start. Most recent match was 1-1 tie at East Texas Baptist on Wednesday.
- Lina Cruz has two goals, while Mack Bolen, Sarah Carmichael, and Chloe Towler have one apiece.
- Maya Erwin has nabbed 22 saves in four games and 335 minutes for AC. She also has an .846 save percentile.
- The Warhawks are 2-0-2 this season with their second draw coming from a 1-1 score last Saturday against Texas Lutheran University. McMurry edged another fellow SCAC opponent, Schreiner University, 4-2 last Friday.
- Courtney Kendrick and Alyssa Daily have multiple goals with two apiece on season.
- Ashland Hansen has registered three assists for all her points. McMurry has eight combined helpers with a trio of players having two or more.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
The Crusaders remain at home for another non-conference match against a SCAC opponent, Schreiner University, on September 20. Dallas then embarks on a season-long, five-game road trip starting on the 22nd at Concordia University.