HOW TO FOLLOW
Multimedia Coverage: Carroll (None) | Westminster (Livestats)
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Women's Lacrosse Twitter: @UDallasWLAX
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
Dates and Times: March 30th (4 p.m.) | March 31st (4 p.m.)
Opponents: Carroll University (WI) and Westminster College
Records: Carroll (7-0) | Westminster (0-8) | Dallas (0-7)
Location: Fulton, Missouri
The University of Dallas women's lacrosse team returns to the field after a weekend off and will play another pair of road games this Friday and Saturday. Two games are located at Westminster College (MO), with a neutral site match on Friday with Carroll University. The host school will take on the Crusaders the next day. Both matches are slated to be played at 4 p.m.
Dallas is coming off a game it scored a season-high eight goals against Mt. St. Vincent, but the setback keeps the team in search of its first win this year. The Crusaders are currently on a five-game stretch of away games, which happened after a home outing with Hardin-Simmons University at the start of April was cancelled.
- Lexi Leite (Houston, Texas) increased her scoring total to a team-high 17 goals and now has 91 all-time. She already eclipsed 100 career points and enters the weekend with 107. Leite has combined for 10 goals with a hat trick in the past three matches. Leite also is the team leader draw controls with 19.
- Erika Keever (Fort Worth, Texas) is the other Crusader in double-digits for goals (12) and points (13).
- Mason Cosgrove (Las Cruces, N.M.) holds the team-lead 25 groundballs. Lisa Archuleta (Modesto, Calif.) is atop the squad in caused turnovers with 10. Cosgrove follows with nine and Avery Finch (Jamul, Calif.) is right there with seven.
- Lizz Winkler (St. Charles, Mo.) has posted 63 saves in 418:48 minutes in the goalkeeper position.
BY THE NUMBERS
- The Crusaders have split the all-time series with Carroll with a 1-1 showing, and it is the first time they will play Westminster.
- Dallas tied the goals record in a 21-13 triumph in Irving last year against the Pioneers. In addition, the team set the points and assists marks at 32 and 11, respectively. Leite headlined the offense with seven goals and three assists.
- In the first ever match two seasons ago in Waukesha, Wisconsin, the Crusaders were edged 11-10.
A LOOK AT THE OPPONENTS
- The Pioneers have won all seven matches this season, including four away from the friendly confines.
- Their most recent game was an 8-7 thriller over Saint Mary's College (IN) last Saturday.
- Carroll has outscored its opponents 98-41 and are averaging 14.00 goals to go with 191 shots on goal.
- A trio of players pace the offense in double figures for goals. Michaela Johnson boasts 30 goals and is in front of Clara Jelacic by just one. The duo each have six assists to match the team-high, and are also a point apart in the team leaderboard for that category.
- Ariannah Ritter is the other player in the trio with a double-digit goal amount (18), and Courtenay Karls checks in with seven goals to go with six helpers (matches team-high) for 13 points.
- The Blue Jays are seeking their first win, and have gone without a goal the last three outings.
- The most recent appearance was at Adams State in a 12-0 result. Westminster is 0-5 at home.
- Julia Roach and Daisy Humsey are the top two scorers with eigh and six, respectively.
- Roach has won 27 draw controls, while Humsey has added 19. Both are good for 25 groundballs to lead the team.
- Peyton Hall has played 360 minutes in goal and made 102 saves. The Blue Jays hold a save percentage of exactly 50.0 percent.
Dallas concludes the regular season at home versus Johnson & Wales University on April 20th.