HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
The University of Dallas women's basketball team will host Centenary College on Tuesday (2/5). First tip is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. The Crusaders (2-18, 1-10 SCAC) are coming off a 51-36 non-conference victory over Southwestern Adventist University last Saturday. UD will look to keep things going at home as they will host three-straight conference matchups.
THREE THINGS TO KNOW FOR UD
- Vanessa Diaz (San Anotnio, Texas) recorded a career-best 19 rebounds in the win over SWAU on Saturday. She sits in third place in the SCAC averaging 8.7 rebounds-per-game.
- Gracie Williams (Midwest City, Okla.) has been on a terror offensively leading UD in points the past two contests at Austin College (14) and vs. Southwestern Adventist (13).
- Dallas has won the past five home meetings versus Centenary.
SAAC CHANGE FOR CHANGE
Dallas' Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) will be at all the University of Dallas home events this week collecting as much change as possible to donate to the annual SCAC "Change For The Better" campaign. This contest allows each SCAC member institution to collect as much change as possible from fans, parents, and students in support of a chosen charity the league is partnered with. The SCAC will be donating all proceeds to the Special Olympics.
SAAC will also be the weekend basketball games on Feb. 8 (5:30 p.m. | 7:30 p.m.) and Feb. 9 (4 p.m. | 6 p.m.). The group also will attend the women's lacrosse match at 1 p.m. on the 9th.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Centenary won the first meeting this year 76-55 in Shreveport. Darelzray Bellard lead the Ladies with 18 points in that game.
- The Crusaders trailed by five entering the fourth quarter, but were outscored 24-8 the last 10 minutes.
- Dallas prevailed 60-55 at the Maher Center last season.
SCOUTING THE LADIES
- The Ladies (5-15, 3-8 SCAC) are coming off back-to-back losses to Schreiner University and Trinity University.
- Centenary has a 1-7 record in road games this season.
- The Ladies are shooting 59 percent from the free throw line.
- Priya Ponia is shooting 40.4 percent from three-point range, which places her second-best among Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference players.
- Bre Frierson is shooting 78-130 (60 percent) from the field to lead the Ladies.
Dallas will continue its four-game home stretch by taking on Texas Lutheran University on Friday (Feb. 8). Tip-off is set for 5:30 p.m.