HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Men's Lacrosse Twitter: @UDallasMLAX
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Men's Lacrosse Instagram: udmenslacrosse
The University of Dallas men's lacrosse team opens a two-game road trip to conclude the regular season. Both opponents are members of the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC), which began sponsoring men's lacrosse again this season. The Crusaders will host the SCAC Men's Lacrosse Tournament on April 26 and 28 in Irving.
Dallas will start the road stint at Southwestern University. These programs are the only men's lacrosse programs in Texas that sponsor NCAA lacrosse.
The Crusaders started April with a 24-3 victory over Hardin-Simmons University to celebrate Senior Day. Austin Gibbons set a new single-game record for assists (7) and tallied 11 points. Dallas notched 15 assists and 39 points to lead the program all-time in both categories. It was also the team's first win in April since 2012 against Centenary College, 22-6.
THREE THINGS TO KNOW FOR UD
- Tucker Jameson (Mechanicsville, Md.) has reached career-highs in points (30) and goals (26) to lead the Crusaders offense. He also has a .481 shot percentage (43-54) and .796 shots on goal percentage.
- Jake Frederick (Coppell, Texas) has scored in seven straight games. His 12 assists led the team and are one shy of matching his personal-best last season. He has notched a career-high 15 goals to propel him to second on the squad with 27 points.
- Hector Pinell-Sanchez (Manor, Texas) has started the last four games in goal for UD. He has totaled 55 saves in 255 minutes.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Dallas is 0-7 all-time
- The Crusaders scored their highest total in a 20-7 setback in Irving last season.
- Jameson notched a hat trick in that match, while Tyler Smith (Snoqualmie, Wash.) added a goal and helper.
A LOOK AT THE PIRATES
- Southwestern holds an 8-6 record overall and are 4-2 at home.
- The Pirates fell 13-12 last Saturday at Rhodes College in overtime.
- Their offense leads the SCAC averaging 17 goals per match.
- Zac Asbury has produced 88 points with a team-leading 53 assists to go with 35 goals for second on the team. Kai Knight-Turcan is the top scorer with 42 goals. Five players have eclipsed 20 goals.
- Zane Abbott and Achilles Armendariz have won over 100 faceoffs, combining for 242 of the team's 251 wins in 438 attempts.
Dallas finishes the regular season with another competitor in the SCAC Men's Lacrosse Tournament on April 20 at Johnson & Wales University (CO).