HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Men's Lacrosse Twitter: @UDallasMLAX
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Men's Lacrosse Instagram: udmenslacrosse
The University of Dallas men's lacrosse team continues its five-game home swing with Trine University (IN) on Wednesday. The Crusaders (2-3) dropped a 20-8 result last Sunday to Chatham University.
THREE THINGS TO KNOW FOR UD
- Tyler Smith (Snoqualmie, Wash.) now holds the individual career records for goals (59) and points (78), which were both notched this home stand.
- Tucker Jameson (Mechanicsville, Md.) holds the team-lead for points (18) and goals (16). He has posted a hat trick in all-but one contest, including the last three.
- Bogar Trout III (Tecumseh, Mich.) leads the team with seven caused turnovers. He is also part of a group of eight players in double-digits for ground balls with 10.
BY THE NUMBERS
- This will be the first meeting between the teams in history.
A LOOK AT TRINE
- The Thunder won their season opener in a 10-9 thriller on Monday at SCAC rival Southwestern University.
- Trine is coming off a 10-6 record and 5-2 mark in the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) season in 2018.
- Trine was selected third in the MIAA preseason coaches' poll.
- Among the 24 returners from last year's squad, Neil Orr highlights the group with career highs in goals (31), assists (nine), and points (40).
- Justin Gearig (4) and Orr (2) were the leading scorers in the Thunders' debut. Joseph Steigmeyer picked up 10 saves in 60 minutes.
Dallas returns to the field in a week on Wednesday, March 13, versus Cornell College.